DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gas Range: all 4 burners won't work (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/125299-gas-range-all-4-burners-wont-work.html)

[email protected] October 17th 05 07:50 PM

Gas Range: all 4 burners won't work

Gas range with electric pilots. All 4 burners won't lite - no clicking
sound indicating that the electric pilots are working. They were
working fine last week, now all four have failed. Gas is coming out of
the burners as I can lite them with a match.

Gas oven with electric starter works fine. Any ideas?

PipeDown October 17th 05 08:03 PM

Gas Range: all 4 burners won't work

Check the owners manual for any internal fuses then call the 1-800 number on
the manual for more advice. May be a broken or loose wire somewhere.

oups.com...

m Ransley October 17th 05 09:44 PM

Gas Range: all 4 burners won't work

Check for power where it is pluged in , an easy place to start.

Appliance Repair Aid October 17th 05 09:50 PM

wrote:
Gas range with electric pilots. All 4 burners won't lite - no clicking
sound indicating that the electric pilots are working. They were
working fine last week, now all four have failed. Gas is coming out of
the burners as I can lite them with a match.

Gas oven with electric starter works fine. Any ideas?

Hi,

No make, model#, approx age posted :(

A bad spark module will effect all four burners at once....burnt or
broken wire would be next.
Power to the spark module and no spark = bad spark module.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Joseph Meehan October 17th 05 09:50 PM

wrote:
Gas range with electric pilots. All 4 burners won't lite - no clicking
sound indicating that the electric pilots are working. They were
working fine last week, now all four have failed. Gas is coming out of
the burners as I can lite them with a match.

Gas oven with electric starter works fine. Any ideas?

The source of the spark is likely a single coil. It may need replaced
or there may be a problem with some of the wiring.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

buffalobill October 19th 05 02:27 AM