Chuck Reti

Default Fallen Tree & Insurance question

In article ,
3rd eye wrote:

I've got a neighbor whose tree branches fell on my garage busting up
the gutter & who knows what else.
Until the branches are removed I can't asses the damage
This occured after a heavy snow.

She's telling me her insurance won't cover it.

Does this sound right?

Yes, that's exactly right. Call _your_ insurance company.
In 2003 high winds of a summer storm caused a (possibly) diseased Ash
tree to split and fall on my house, with significant damage to my roof
and back enclosed porch. The insurance co and its adjuster both said
that, basically, once it's on your side of the fence, it's your tree,
Insurance Co. was not pleased that I did not want to use their
restoration contractor, which I'm sure gets some kind of kickback,
instead of the contractor I've used for past repairs and work on the
house.
--
Chuck Reti
Detroit MI
Stretch

In South Carolina, if my neighbor's tree falls on my house, it is my
problem, and my insurance company pays, even if the tree was diseased.
It may be different where you are. Why are you asking here? We have
no authority. Call your insurance company to get accurate advice for
your area.

Stretch

m Ransley

It is your problem , call your insurance co