Charlie Bress

Default Fallen Tree & Insurance question

It may be easier for you to put in a claim with your insurance company. They
in turn will try to get the money from the owner of the tree or the owner's
insurance. Your insurance company can be a whole lot more effective than
you as an individual is.

Charlie

"3rd eye" wrote in message
I've got a neighbor whose tree branches fell on my garage busting up
the gutter & who knows what else.
Until the branches are removed I can't asses the damage
This occured after a heavy snow.

She's telling me her insurance won't cover it.

Does this sound right?

Gideon

Charlie Bress wrote
It may be easier for you to put in a claim with your insurance company. They
in turn will try to get the money from the owner of the tree or the owner's
insurance. Your insurance company can be a whole lot more effective than
you as an individual is.

==================

And his insurance company will NOT do this for "free." This will be a claim
on his account, no matter who is held liable and no matter whose insurance
company pays. Insurance company employees and insurance company
attorneys do not work for free. The cost of their services is recouped via
premium increases.

Request that the neighbor or his insurer pays for the damages. If not,
get a good book to read while waiting, and meet them in small claims
court.

"It may be easier for you to put in a claim with your insurance
company. They
in turn will try to get the money from the owner of the tree or the
owner's
insurance. "

No, they won't because unlike you, the insurance company knows that the
property owner of the land that the tree happened to be growing on
isn't responsible for damage to another property the tree fall on,
unless negligence can be proven.

"Request that the neighbor or his insurer pays for the damages. If
not,
get a good book to read while waiting, and meet them in small claims
court"

A waste of time and money. Simpler to do an internet search and see
that the other party has no liability.

Gideon

How do you know that there isn't any negligence on the part
of the tree owner?

Also, you obviously don't know much about small claims court.
Smart people can often get judgements against parties who may
be technically innocent.

Final point: A neighbor's tree came down in my mother's yard
last summer. It took out part of her wooden privacy fence plus
some of her landscape items. The neighbor's insurance covered
tree removal on her lawn, cleanup, and damages. Maybe the
neighbor was nice and paid for this himself and fibbed. I don't
know, but I know enough to be astute and realize that situations
vary, laws vary, and legal interpretations vary.