SteveB

Default Flat work guess

I need some concrete poured in an outside area. All sides are formed in by
wall or planters.

What is the going rate for flat work? Just to have a crew come in and pour
the concrete and finish it?

There will be a little prep in removing about 4" of soil throughout, and I
realize that will be a separate price.

I am just curious what the square foot price runs for pouring and finishing.
A decent flat smooth finish, but nothing special.

Steve

Stretch

It depends on wher you are and the size of the area. If you provide
more information, someone may have an answer for you.

Stretch

Edwin Pawlowski

"SteveB" wrote in message
I need some concrete poured in an outside area. All sides are formed in by
wall or planters.

What is the going rate for flat work? Just to have a crew come in and
pour the concrete and finish it?

There will be a little prep in removing about 4" of soil throughout, and I
realize that will be a separate price.

I am just curious what the square foot price runs for pouring and
finishing. A decent flat smooth finish, but nothing special.

Depends.

How much concrete? The square foot price of a small job is going to be much
more than a larger job.

Just pour concrete? What about re-bar? Are the planters really sufficient
to make a border? What about expansion joints? How far will the truck be
from the pour? Will one truck do it? Cost varies quite a bit on partial
loads too.

I think you need to call a couple of local contractors and have them take a
look.

Rudy

I am just curious what the square foot price runs for pouring and
finishing. A decent flat smooth finish, but nothing special.

45 cents sf around here

SQLit

"SteveB" wrote in message
I need some concrete poured in an outside area. All sides are formed in

by
wall or planters.

What is the going rate for flat work? Just to have a crew come in and

pour
the concrete and finish it?

There will be a little prep in removing about 4" of soil throughout, and I
realize that will be a separate price.

I am just curious what the square foot price runs for pouring and

finishing.
A decent flat smooth finish, but nothing special.

Steve

Concrete in batch trucks comes by the cubic yard. 80 sqft 4 inches thick is
a yard of concrete. If I remember correctly

Call some mini-mix places and double the price of the concrete per yard and
you will be a little low where I live. Your turn to guess.

Pouring it flat is a mistake unless you get very little rain.

SteveB

"Stretch" wrote in message
oups.com...
It depends on wher you are and the size of the area. If you provide
more information, someone may have an answer for you.

Stretch

50' long, 13' wide. A triangle on one end of the rectangle. Wire mesh in
the pour. Two expansion joints, graded to 1" drop in 10'. Broom finish.
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.

Quote for labor ONLY. I will pay for materials and concrete.

Steve

SteveB

"SQLit" wrote

Pouring it flat is a mistake unless you get very little rain.

The pour would have a slope to it, but for purposes of estimating, the term
is "flat work."

All concrete "flat work" in our city and county does not need a permit.

Steve