BN

Default Romex Cables and Armouring

Should romex cables running to the dishwasher be armoured? How about
ones to the garbage disposer?
Rolland Everitt

I think the answer is NO, but I am not certain.

I can tell you that if cable is armoured, it is not Romex (also called NM),
it is BX (also called AC).

"BN" wrote in message
Should romex cables running to the dishwasher be armoured? How about
ones to the garbage disposer?

SQLit

"BN" wrote in message
Should romex cables running to the dishwasher be armoured? How about
ones to the garbage disposer?

Where I live the garbage disposers are connected to a outlet and a appliance
cord is used. It is a motor so it needs to be able to be disconnected.

Dishwashers are fed with romex to the junction box as common practice.
Best check with your local authorities.