dean

Default Whats the best hedge trimmer?

My Bro is looking at the Stihl HS80, its around $350 I think. I was
just wondering if anyone else had used one they could really recommend.

Thanks,

Dean

Joseph Meehan

dean wrote:
My Bro is looking at the Stihl HS80, its around $350 I think. I was
just wondering if anyone else had used one they could really
recommend.

Thanks,

Dean

What is best sot of depends on what you like and need. The best I have
every had is the one I have now. It is a Black&Decker battery model. Works
great, no wires no gas, no starting problems and very little noise. If I
needed it for commercial use all day every day, I doubt if I would feel the
same way.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

we use the stihl and shindowa gas trimmers on our rentals . i think
they are the best ,compared to the cheeper junk we tried first. lucas

Roger Taylor

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
My Bro is looking at the Stihl HS80, its around $350 I think. I was
just wondering if anyone else had used one they could really recommend.

I agree with Meehan re depends on how much you are willing to spend - I have
both corded and cordless trimmers by Black and Decker, and they serve me
well. The cordless is two years old, an 18v rechargeable, mod. no. NHT518,
available at Amazon.com for 79.95 It will trim for about an hour before
needing a recharge. Stays sharp, lightweight, handy.

dean

I think he wants more power than rechargeable, and bigger spaces
between the cutting knives so he can slice through bigger branches,
which is why he likes the Stihl. To be honest B&D are not professional
machines by any stretch.

Which Hedge Trimmer Deep Thought UK diy 14 May 1st 05 12:29 AM
Hedge trimmer D & J G Home Repair 0 April 30th 05 06:04 PM
Troubleshooting help for Deere 172 Gas Hedge Trimmer? Joe S Home Repair 0 March 3rd 05 02:51 PM
New Cedar Hedge - When and How to Trim??? Dirk Puslich Home Repair 5 November 1st 04 04:49 PM
Winding the spool of a Ryobi trimmer? Sundog Home Repair 7 May 13th 04 04:35 AM