Default Finished Attic: No Insulation...Questions

Hello -

I have a 1.75-story house. About 90 years old. Attic bedrooms with
kneewalls. No insulation in attic floor, kneewalls or beneath roof.

Let's say the overall shape is a box within a triangle. The box
represents the finished bedroom in the attic. I am concerned with the
inaccessible, smaller-triangular space above the finished "box."

Question:

I researched and understand the methods of installing the proper
amounts of insulation on the attic floor and beneath the roof, as well
as maintaining sufficient venting between insulation and roof. These
areas are completely and easily accessible.

HOWEVER, the smaller, triangular space above the finished attic bedroom
is inaccessible. How do I go about installing roof insulation and the
corrugated spacers which provide venting between insulation and
underside of the roof?

I am in Northeast MA. I cannot access this space from above the
roofdeck, as house was re-roofed 1 yr prior to purchase (lost
opportunity!).

Mark

Don't want to cut through newly-shingled roof. Additionally, a single
access hole would not allow access to entire interior area.

Thanks anyways -

Mark

ameijers

wrote in message
ups.com...
Don't want to cut through newly-shingled roof. Additionally, a single
access hole would not allow access to entire interior area.

He meant an access hole through the bedroom ceiling. If it is a gable house,
you could also put an access hole from the outside, and fill the hole with a
faux or real vent, or a decorative window, hinged to open like a door.

aem sends....