Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default With high heating cost coming...What can I do to my house

Hello all,
With winter coming up and high heating cost approaching, what can we do
to help save money and help prevent heat lost. I'll list the things
I've done, but would like further input for other items I haven't
thought of. I'm in California so the winters here aren't too bad,
nevertheless, money is money.

1-Added more insulation to the attic.
2-Set the thermostat to turn off at 9:00pm
3-Sealed any leaks in any doors
4-Took out one incandescent bulb in each light and added compact
fluorescent

I'm would like to change the way my house heats. Instead of heating the
whole house at all times, I'd like to find a way to only heat the
bedroom in the morning and the family room. kitchen in the evening. I
don't want to manually have to close the registers as they are in the
ceiling. Is there any type of device that will automatically open and
close the registers at specific times?