Jim Jacobs

Default Charge for Installing Chair Rail

What would be a reasonable charge for installing chair rail. Do they charge
by the foot? It is already painted, only need to install it.

Also what is the standard height?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

RicodJour

Jim Jacobs wrote:
What would be a reasonable charge for installing chair rail. Do they charge
by the foot? It is already painted, only need to install it.

Also what is the standard height?

Is it one piece? Do you want coped or mitered inside corners? How
broken up is the room? How big is the room? Where is the project and
what is the availability of local carpenters?

If you want a real price and not a guess, instead of asking on a
newsgroup, call a local carpenter.

Chair rail height can vary depending on whether it is purely decorative
or also functional. 36-40" is pretty common.

G Hensley

Jim Jacobs wrote:
What would be a reasonable charge for installing chair rail. Do they charge
by the foot? It is already painted, only need to install it.

They who?

I will install it for $500 a day + expenses. 5 day minimum.

Also what is the standard height?

Trade secret. Paypal me $250 and I'll email you the specs.

JerryL

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
Jim Jacobs wrote:
What would be a reasonable charge for installing chair rail. Do they
charge
by the foot? It is already painted, only need to install it.

Also what is the standard height?

Is it one piece? Do you want coped or mitered inside corners? How
broken up is the room? How big is the room? Where is the project and
what is the availability of local carpenters?

If you want a real price and not a guess, instead of asking on a
newsgroup, call a local carpenter.

Chair rail height can vary depending on whether it is purely decorative
or also functional. 36-40" is pretty common.

Please ignore any response you get from G Hensley. Besides being a 'putz',
he's an incompetent who doesn't know a hammer from a drill and is just here
to make some people feel uncomfortable. Someone with knowledge (a brain)
will surely answer you.

G Hensley

Jerry "asswipe" L wrote:

Please ignore any response you get from G Hensley. is just here
to make some people feel uncomfortable.

You remind me of a chihuahua, all trembling and ****in'. LOL. But you
are a good fetcher, asswipe.
JerryL

"G Hensley" wrote in message
Jerry "asswipe" L wrote:

Please ignore any response you get from G Hensley. is just here to make
some people feel uncomfortable.

You remind me of a chihuahua, all trembling and ****in'. LOL. But you
are a good fetcher, asswipe.

Aren't you glad to be able to hide behind a keyboard? People like you
haven't got the balls to talk like you do face to face. Everyone is right.
I'm wasting my time to talk to trash like you. Enjoy my killfile

G Hensley

JerryL wrote:
"G Hensley" wrote in message

Jerry "asswipe" L wrote:

Please ignore any response you get from G Hensley. is just here to make
some people feel uncomfortable.

You remind me of a chihuahua, all trembling and ****in'. LOL. But you
are a good fetcher, asswipe.

Everyone is right.
I'm wasting my time to talk to trash like you.

I call bull****. You love it. Shaddup and go get the ball, asswipe.
Goedjn

What would be a reasonable charge for installing chair rail. Do they charge
by the foot? It is already painted, only need to install it.

I'd charge by the hour, myself.

Also what is the standard height?

Depends. How high are the chairs? If you don't have specific
furniture in mind, then the chair-rail should be 38.2% of the
height of the room, as long as that number is between 32"
and 48"

--Goedjn

RicodJour

Ranieri wrote:
"Goedjn" wrote in message

What would be a reasonable charge for installing chair rail. Do they

charge
by the foot? It is already painted, only need to install it.

I'd charge by the hour, myself.

Also what is the standard height?

Depends. How high are the chairs? If you don't have specific
furniture in mind, then the chair-rail should be 38.2% of the
height of the room, as long as that number is between 32"
and 48"

Fibonacci?

No, he's telling the truth.

Goedjn

Depends. How high are the chairs? If you don't have specific
furniture in mind, then the chair-rail should be 38.2% of the
height of the room, as long as that number is between 32"
and 48"

Fibonacci?

Close. Golden ratio. 1 to 1.618. (Which is .618 to 1)

So the size of top half as a proportion of the total wall
is the same as the size of the bottom half as a proportion
of the top half.

Any time you can't think of a reason to use some other
ratio, that's the one you should use, architecturally.

Dr. Hardcrab

"JerryL" wrote in message

"G Hensley" wrote in message
Jerry "asswipe" L wrote:

Please ignore any response you get from G Hensley. is just here to make
some people feel uncomfortable.

You remind me of a chihuahua, all trembling and ****in'. LOL. But you
are a good fetcher, asswipe.

Aren't you glad to be able to hide behind a keyboard? People like you
haven't got the balls to talk like you do face to face. Everyone is right.
I'm wasting my time to talk to trash like you. Enjoy my killfile

Please, Jerry. KillFile him and be done.....

Loose chair legs Joe Barta Woodworking 13 September 26th 19 07:44 PM
Re-upholster an office chair? ameijers Home Repair 6 May 4th 06 08:44 PM
Chair rail PhotoMan Home Repair 4 February 4th 05 06:26 PM
Chair rail return gntry Home Repair 2 November 28th 04 12:38 AM
Chair Rail Molding?? GNTRY Home Repair 5 January 9th 04 10:07 PM