Wildcat

Default Kentucky Goodman Heat Pump/Gas Furnace install

Quick question for the pros. I am in the process of obtaining bids to
swap out my old (30 year old) Sears gas furnace and Janitrol central
3.5 ton AC unit (22 years old).
The last bid I have gotten is from one of our well established outfits
here in Lexington,KY. They are quoting me a price of 4900.00 to install
a Goodman 115,000 93% gas furnace and a 12 Seer Goodman 4 ton heat
pump. They are installing it as a "dual fuel" system so supposedly the
heat pump will run until it gets around 35 deg and then switch over to
the gas furnace. They are also going to install another cold air return
in my living room since I do not have one upstairs.
I think that the electric heat pump is a smart way to go here in
Kentucky as we have some of the lowest electric rates in the country
but our natural gas is skyrocketing as is most places.
Does 5 grand sound about right for this type of install with Goodman
equipment or should I continue to shop around.
Thanks in advance for all replies.

Replacement heating element for Heat Treat Furnace gtslabs Metalworking 5 October 24th 05 03:30 AM
HVAC - Oil or electric backup for new heat pump? Or oil heat only? anne in pa Home Repair 3 August 18th 05 01:55 PM
heat pump/secondary propane furnace questions JohnW Home Ownership 11 January 28th 05 01:50 PM
Old furnace to heat garage Martik Home Repair 16 December 23rd 04 02:32 PM
Furnace Blower Comes on but heat does not Joe Lennox Home Ownership 9 December 23rd 04 06:05 AM