jsb

Default fixing a hard to slide window

I wish I knew the correct window style that we have... I guess they
would be called slider windows, one half of the window slides
horizonatally to open. They are very heavy and the track which the
window slides in doesn't allow the window to open very easily.

A neighbor showed me how one of his windows was repaired (they are the
same brand/style of window). It looked like a strip of
composite-graphite or carbon had been placed in the bottom metal track
that the window slides on. Possibly something had also been attached to
the bottom of the half-window as well. It slid amazingly nicely.

This did not look like a particularly difficult fix. Can anyone point
me to products like what I just described?

regards,
-jsb

WindowsRUs John Smith Home Repair 2 August 29th 05 04:04 AM
Replace window [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 25th 04 01:30 AM
window plugs for soundproofing xyz Home Repair 12 May 31st 04 10:55 PM
Sagging bay window - probable cause found? David Hearn UK diy 7 January 14th 04 03:21 PM
Lorch Junior lathe slide rest info? Hans van Dongen Metalworking 3 November 18th 03 04:30 PM