Oscar_Lives

Default Gas Heat won't turn on

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a Honeywell ct3200 Thermostat to replace an old CT87A.
Everything worked fine with the old thermostat (A/c, Heater, Fan only).
Now only A/c and fan work.

I have four wires, red,white,blue,green. Red to R, White to W, Green to
G, Blue to Y. I believe this is how the original stat was wired
although being a newbie I didn't check before disconnecting. I talked
to a Honeywell rep however and she confirmed that it was wired
correctly.

I'm left to believe I must have either damaged the heater or the
thermostat when installing, as I played around with differnt
configurations. I was confused by the blue wire not being yellow like
it should be. Anybody have any ideas? It's going to start getting cold
at night here. Thanks

Call a pro. You blew the board.

Stupid ****ing cheap-ass homemoaner...

The question is did I blow it with my question or response? F'ing know
it alls.

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On 28 Sep 2005 17:10:04 -0700, wrote:

The question is did I blow it with my question or response? F'ing know
it alls.

As long as your blew it, that's the main thing.

It needed blowing.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Noon-Air

We seem to know not only what you did, but how you did it.
I guess that still leaves you out in the cold

wrote in message
oups.com...
The question is did I blow it with my question or response? F'ing know
it alls.

Rudy

The question is did I blow it with my question or response? F'ing know
it alls.

You did it by crossposting....to ALT.HVAC

Thats the standard type of reply you'll get there

Phil Yarbrough

Put a jumper between Rh and Rc.

PrecisionMachinisT

"Phil Yarbrough" wrote in message
. ..

Put a jumper between Rh and Rc.

Ummm...the unit comes with one already installed there....

--

SVL

Thermostat Q: What is auxiliary heat and emergency heat? [email protected] Home Repair 6 February 16th 05 02:40 PM
heat pump/secondary propane furnace questions JohnW Home Ownership 11 January 28th 05 01:50 PM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Followup: York heat pump replacement - quote sounds high, thoughts? Peter Drier Home Repair 5 June 26th 04 07:31 AM
heat pump ZsaZsa Home Repair 26 January 26th 04 03:23 PM