dean

Default A couple of siding panels are rotting...

Hi there all,
I have wooded panelling and its mainlly diagonal and around 6 inches
wide. 2 or 3 of them are rotted and you can see that from a distance.
Looks like where the paint was cracked because of knots or cracks in
the original wood.

Would you scrape and fill it and repaint it, or replace them? Damage is
not too bad, looks like if I could get it to seal ok it would be fine.

Thanks!

Dean

siralfred

If it's really rotting it must be replaced. Now or later, it's your
choice. Filling, sealing, painting won't stop the rot and eventually
it'll come through.

C & M

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there all,
I have wooded panelling and its mainlly diagonal and around 6 inches
wide. 2 or 3 of them are rotted and you can see that from a distance.
Looks like where the paint was cracked because of knots or cracks in
the original wood.

Would you scrape and fill it and repaint it, or replace them? Damage is
not too bad, looks like if I could get it to seal ok it would be fine.

Thanks!

Dean

I have had good results on rotting sills with the MinWax wood stabilizer and
epoxy filler. You have to remove as much rot as possible and then apply the
stabilizer which really stiffens up the wood fibers.