DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is the dump fee in your area? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/123102-what-dump-fee-your-area.html)

Fred September 27th 05 01:14 AM

What is the dump fee in your area?

Haven't been to the dump for years but was in somewhat of a shock when the
guy at the entrance to the dump site wanted $60 for 1/2 yard of broken up
concrete. If its just one load I would have paid the guy and forget about
it, but I have about 7 more to go. This site is in Colma next to San
Francisco. So what's the going rate in your area?

Duane Bozarth September 27th 05 01:18 AM

Fred wrote:

Haven't been to the dump for years but was in somewhat of a shock when the
guy at the entrance to the dump site wanted $60 for 1/2 yard of broken up
concrete. If its just one load I would have paid the guy and forget about
it, but I have about 7 more to go. This site is in Colma next to San
Francisco. So what's the going rate in your area?

$28/T (short), irrespective of material.

Duane Bozarth September 27th 05 01:23 AM

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Fred wrote:

Haven't been to the dump for years but was in somewhat of a shock when the
guy at the entrance to the dump site wanted $60 for 1/2 yard of broken up
concrete. If its just one load I would have paid the guy and forget about
it, but I have about 7 more to go. This site is in Colma next to San
Francisco. So what's the going rate in your area?

$28/T (short), irrespective of material.

Meant to add...when we took down the silos I called the County Road
Supervisor and got a location where they need some rip-rap and we hauled
it there. That or find a local builder or other place looking for fill
is another alternative.

Colbyt September 27th 05 01:38 AM

"Fred" wrote in message
Haven't been to the dump for years but was in somewhat of a shock when the
guy at the entrance to the dump site wanted $60 for 1/2 yard of broken up
concrete. If its just one load I would have paid the guy and forget about
it, but I have about 7 more to go. This site is in Colma next to San
Francisco. So what's the going rate in your area?

$29 ton for C&D stuff.

Colbyt

josh September 27th 05 01:44 AM

"Fred" wrote
Haven't been to the dump for years but was in somewhat of a shock when the
guy at the entrance to the dump site wanted $60 for 1/2 yard of broken up
concrete. If its just one load I would have paid the guy and forget about
it, but I have about 7 more to go. This site is in Colma next to San
Francisco. So what's the going rate in your area?

NE Ohio, $60 per ton for construction material, no garbage allowed.
Concrete/asphalt and the likes, people are begging for it, to use as fill,
so pretty much get rid of this at cost to haul it there.

Doug Miller September 27th 05 02:27 AM

In article , "Fred" wrote:
Haven't been to the dump for years but was in somewhat of a shock when the
guy at the entrance to the dump site wanted $60 for 1/2 yard of broken up
concrete. If its just one load I would have paid the guy and forget about
it, but I have about 7 more to go. This site is in Colma next to San
Francisco. So what's the going rate in your area?

Sixteen bucks for a pickup truck load (about 2 cu yd), regardless of the
material.

--
Regards,

Rudy September 27th 05 02:39 AM

So what's the going rate in your area?

$6.00 pickup load (upto 550 lbs)

$ 24.00 ton (prorated) after that. Drywall is quite a bit more.