Default My propane gas grill won't get hot, any way to fix it?

My propane gas grill won't get hot, any way to fix it?

All I can say is that it seems to not put out much in the
way of a flame.

I turned it all the way up to high.

It's a used grill. Seemed to work better the first 2 times
I used it, but now the flames seem very low.

Since all 3 burners don't put out much, it seems
to be the regulator?

Somebody posted about possible spider webs in BBQ grills?

Another said you have to disconnect and reconnect a propane tank
because the regulator sometimes hangs up.
I've switched tanks and have the same problem, so it must be
the regulator??

Edwin Pawlowski

"J" wrote in message

Somebody posted about possible spider webs in BBQ grills?

In the gas tubes for hte burners. spiders seem to like living there.

Another said you have to disconnect and reconnect a propane tank
because the regulator sometimes hangs up.

Not the regulator, the OPD valve on the inside of the tank. It is a float
and it the gas comes on too fast, it will jump up and block gas flow as it
is sesigned to do if the valve was proken in transport. Usually ****ting it
off and letting it drop is all that is needed.

I've switched tanks and have the same problem, so it must be
the regulator??

Maybe, maybe not. Check other solutions first.

It's an old weber with 1 inch tubes as burners. Tube are about 20
inches long.

3 inches above the burners are some sheet metal to spread the heat.

Edwin Pawlowski

"J" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's an old weber with 1 inch tubes as burners. Tube are about 20
inches long.

3 inches above the burners are some sheet metal to spread the heat.

The part between the burner and the gas valve is where the spiders tend to
live. There is a gap and usually an adjustable vent at that point. You may
have to remove the burner to access it.

SQLit

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .

"J" wrote in message

Somebody posted about possible spider webs in BBQ grills?

In the gas tubes for hte burners. spiders seem to like living there.

Another said you have to disconnect and reconnect a propane tank
because the regulator sometimes hangs up.

Not the regulator, the OPD valve on the inside of the tank. It is a float
and it the gas comes on too fast, it will jump up and block gas flow as it
is sesigned to do if the valve was proken in transport. Usually ****ting

it
off and letting it drop is all that is needed.

I've switched tanks and have the same problem, so it must be
the regulator??

Maybe, maybe not. Check other solutions first.

if you have an old round handled tank then who knows. If you have one of the
new "gotta protect ya from yourself tank" with a triangular handle then the
above poster is right on.

I have found that turning on the valve at the tank with the burners on is
bad. Also turning the valve on fast is bad. Turn the valve on the tank
slowly with all the burners off. Sounds stupid I know.

Check your local refill places and see who has the best tanks for exchange.
I have heard that blue flame is not a good tank.

Interestingly enough if you purchase a 74 gallon tank the float inside is
not required. I am waiting for an used one at my local refiller.

Replacing the blankety valve is more expensive usually than replacing the
tank.

Andy Hill

"J" wrote:
It's an old weber with 1 inch tubes as burners. Tube are about 20
inches long.

3 inches above the burners are some sheet metal to spread the heat.

In addition to the other suggestions, you might want to try taking a fine wire
and cleaning out the holes on the burners. Stainless burner or not, the holes
tend to get a bit gunked over time. Just clean a couple, then give 'er a shot
-- if the cleaned holes look good, then clean the whole shmoo.

Thanks.
It works now that I shut it off and opened valve slowly with
all burners off.

Now I can cook my chicken at 350 degrees instead of 175 degrees.

I just love it when the government trys to help me (Overflow Protection
valve) and screws me over
in the process.
Thanks