Arnold Walker

"JoeSixPack" wrote in message
news:2Zj%e.1692$z26.194@edtnps84...

"Goedjn" wrote in message

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to reduce our consumption of carbon-based
fuels?

Do we really need to burn up 75 kilowatts of hydrocarbon fuel energy

just
visit a friend in the next city? Electricity or hydrogen fuel seem to
make
more sense.

Electricity and hydrgogen fuel cells are not energy sources in the
macro context. they are energy transfer, just like springs.
They do not solve the problem you seem to think they solve.

(They do solve a DIFFERENT problem, which is why they're a good
idea, anyway.)

Electricity is the cleanest currency for which to transfer energy from the
source to the end use. We won't always believe that burning hydrocarbons
are the answer to everything. Alternate energy potential is truly vast but
expensive to utilize compared to fossil fuels, which are bound to be a
short-term party. Once we grow up and realize the future is in renewable
sources, electricity and hydrogen won't look like such bad energy

carriers.
Electricity has alot more effeciency than hydrogen which is about 12%.
149kw of energy for 21kw delivered by the hydrogen.
Hydrogen has the potental of jumping carbon fuel use by 3 to6 times present
level.
www.caranddriver.com

JoeSixPack

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article D%j%e.1694$z26.789@edtnps84, "JoeSixPack"
wrote:

Explain how you can look under the crust. An ancient meteorite crater
that
pierced the crust has oil and gas coming out. That's more than enough to
justify a reasonable measure of skepticism on the whole theory of biotic
origin.

Hogwash, in so many, many ways. Just for starters... name *one*, just
*one*,
meteorite crater anywhere on the planet that "pierced the crust".

http://www.americanfreepress.net/RFA...r_natural.html

Doug Miller

wrote:

Explain how you can look under the crust. An ancient meteorite crater
that
pierced the crust has oil and gas coming out. That's more than enough to
justify a reasonable measure of skepticism on the whole theory of biotic
origin.

Hogwash, in so many, many ways. Just for starters... name *one*, just
*one*,
meteorite crater anywhere on the planet that "pierced the crust".

http://www.americanfreepress.net/RFA...cur_Natural/na
tural_gas__oil_occur_natural.html

Like I said... name *one*, just *one*, meteorite crater anywhere on the planet
that "pierced the crust". Link you posted says nothing about that, and in fact
doesn't do anything except re-state the same old unsubstantiated baloney
you've been spouting.

--
Regards,