Junior Member

Default noma 5+1+1 thermostat

I just purchased an older house and have to replace my thermostat for my hot water heating system (boiler and rads). Presently, I have a broken basic manual nonprogramable Honeywell. I would like to replace it with a programable.

I am looking at the Noma 5+1+1, although I would not be needing the cooling functions. Reading the packaging, it is not clear to me if it would be compatible with my present system.

My Honeywell has connections for two wires, white and black, although there is a red wire in the wall, which is not connected.

Also, I'm presuming there would not be a problem later with the Noma, when I convert from oil to natural gas.

I would appreciate some advice, as I don't want to buy the Noma and break open the sealed package, to find it is not compatible.

Thanks.
Tim Fischer

We need to know more about your system. T-stat control circuit voltage in
particular.

Also, I'd recommend getting a true 7-day stat. They aren't much more $$$'s
and are a lot more flexible. Check out ebay -- you can often find a
refurbished Honeywell for a good price. That's what I'm using and I got a
$150 T-stat for about $35 shipped.

-Tim