Robatoy

Default Designing deep kitchen pantry

In article ,
"Stephen M" wrote:

(If you were to try to put both tracks at the bottom, it would be an
alignment nightmare.
This way, no problem.

Your description was excellent, but I lost you on why alignment with slides
at oposite corners of the I-beam-drawer-box works better.

When the 'drawer is as tall as a 78" x 27.25" ( an outside pantry of 30"
using 5/8 gables and 3/4" thick slides) box it's like balancing a broom
handle on your finger tips. It's much more stable when you grab the
top... and is no need for two pairs of tracks..when one pair will do....
and those 9301 Accuride series heavy duty jobs are expensive.
One at the top-right, one at the bottom left.
The more you look at it, the more sense it makes.

How is that different from any other big "drawer"?

Well.. you can try both at the bottom.. you can always move one to the
top G

Maybe the picture will clarify

It is posted now.
Stephen M

Maybe the picture will clarify
It is posted now.

It did. Thanks.

Mike Berger

The baskets might make an esthetically nice solution, but
you'll find that a lot of things will spoil faster if
stored near the wrong items. Potatoes need high humidity,
and onions need low humidity.

Sasha wrote:
The pantry is in the kitchen adjacent to refrigerator. In lower half of
the pantry I am building shelves on full extension 250# slides that
have baskets for storing fruits and vegetables. In upper half of the
pantry we plan to store ordinary food items: boxes of cereal, flower,
honey, sugar, canned food, etc. There also items that are used rarely,
like candles, boxes of foil, plastic wraps and other stuff bought as
Costco. I want design that is easily accessible and full utilize entire
pantry space.

Routing laundry drain to kitchen drain possible? orangetrader Home Repair 11 March 7th 05 03:14 AM
Cabinet, Furniture Design Software, Autodesk QuickCAD v8.0, Punch Software Home Design Architectural Series 18 v6.0, SOLID V3.5 - CABINET VISION, Cabinet Design Centre v7.0 - Cubit, 20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,Cabinet Vision Solid, Planit Millennium II athens.gr. Woodturning 0 September 3rd 04 07:45 AM
Cabinet, Furniture Design Software, Autodesk QuickCAD v8.0, Punch Software Home Design Architectural Series 18 v6.0, SOLID V3.5 - CABINET VISION, Cabinet Design Centre v7.0 - Cubit, 20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,Cabinet Vision Solid, Planit Millennium II athens.gr. Home Repair 0 September 3rd 04 07:44 AM
Kitchen Worktop - Deep ! Simon UK diy 6 July 16th 04 06:44 PM
Kitchen Fitter Standards Tim Foley UK diy 2 July 17th 03 09:48 PM