DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   repoinitng fireplace. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/121788-repoinitng-fireplace.html)

///Owen\\\\\\ September 17th 05 05:58 PM

repoinitng fireplace.

I have to do a bit of re-pointing in my fire place. Do I need to use a
special cement?

Thanks

John

Roger Taylor September 18th 05 06:39 AM

Just premixed brick and masonry mortar, but you''ll have to chisel out the
bad joints, first, and pre-wet them for better adhesion. Repointing tool is
helpful - looks sort of like a spoon, to spread the mortar.