Jeff Wisnia

Default OT- OK, how did they do this?

Google the word "failure"...

I don't agree with the definition, but someone sure was clever...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Google the word "failure"...

I don't agree with the definition, but someone sure was clever...

It's just the simplest use of web technology. Set up a filter to catch
a key word... redirect. Probably a Democratic conspiracy.

Dave Balderstone

In article , Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Google the word "failure"...

I don't agree with the definition, but someone sure was clever...

It's called a googlebomb and all it does is point out the weakness in
Google's software.

It would be trivial to associate your name with any key word... Take
your pick.

--
Go read this. Now.
http://www.ejectejecteject.com/archives/000129.html
SteveB

wrote in message
oups.com...
Google the word "failure"...

I don't agree with the definition, but someone sure was clever...

It's just the simplest use of web technology. Set up a filter to catch
a key word... redirect. Probably a Democratic conspiracy.

I doubt it. There's not a Democrat smart enough.

Steve

G Henslee

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Google the word "failure"...

I don't agree with the definition, but someone sure was clever...

Jeff

Here's the why and how:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/...g-failure.html

SteveB

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Google the word "failure"...

I don't agree with the definition, but someone sure was clever...

Jeff

Here's the why and how:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/...g-failure.html

Obviously desperate people with no lives.

RicodJour

SteveB wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Google the word "failure"...

I don't agree with the definition, but someone sure was clever...

Jeff

Here's the why and how:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/...g-failure.html

Obviously desperate people with no lives.

That's reaching. People with an agenda, people who find
creative/unorthodox ways of making a point, maybe. Not sure how that
leads to a conclusion of desperate with no lives...

SteveB

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
SteveB wrote:
"G Henslee" wrote in message

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Google the word "failure"...

I don't agree with the definition, but someone sure was clever...

Jeff

Here's the why and how:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/...g-failure.html

Obviously desperate people with no lives.

That's reaching. People with an agenda, people who find
creative/unorthodox ways of making a point, maybe. Not sure how that
leads to a conclusion of desperate with no lives...

If all a person has to do all day is sit around and find adolescent ways to
make a point, I would call that desperate. A person who does that obviously
has no life to live, or they would be busy working, eating, sleeping,
procreating, or just being.

My wish is that they would spend half that much time on two things:

Education to understand the governmental processes. So many who rail and
bawl are totally ignorant of how things work. Case in point: many did not
know that FEMA is NOT a first responder.

Second: Activism. If they are so dissatisfied with the leadership, get out
and change it. But that reverts back to education. It would take a
knowledgeable person to work on getting voters out, being active in a
political party, or just making it to the polls themselves.

I think this society is coming to the point where we have more bloggers,
flamers, newsgroup sociopaths and ranters than voters. Look at the
percentages. Maybe all the people who didn't vote were busy at home on
their computers kvetching.

Just a thought.

Steve

Richard J Kinch

SteveB writes:

Obviously desperate people with no lives.

Like us newsgroup posters.
SteveB

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
.. .
SteveB writes:

Obviously desperate people with no lives.

Like us newsgroup posters.

Not quite. Many who come here ask about things related to home repairs. I
doubt that those who ask on topic questions are desperate people with no
lives, even the few with monumental or numerous home improvement problems.

The ones with desperate lives are those who complain about every little
thing. The government. Anyone who has more than they do. Perceived
injustices. Life's not fair, and there's no justice in this world. What
other people say and do. Imagined conspiracies involving politics, the
electorate process, or government in general.

Those who post hundreds of posts a week on every inane topic. Those who
follow contentious endless pointless debates with the fervor of a zealot.
Why, if they would devote as many hours, effort, and dedication to any
business or humanitarian venture, they would have a guaranteed success.
Instead, they are so stupid that they don't have a clue that they don't know
that they don't have a clue. How in the world they get a driver's license
and are allowed out of the house without adult supervision is beyond my
comprehension.

Google up their posts, and see the patterns of their activity. How in the
world could they possibly have any coherent life in the slices of time
between blogging, ranting, or just complaining?

Some of us here may be desperate people who are seeking the answers to a
clogged toilet, mouldy grout, or missing shingles. But at least we are not
so desperate that we fill our lives with the pointless futility of
unwinnable debates.

We can read the topic: alt.home.repair and have enough functioning brain
cells to grasp that this is a discussion group about fixing up houses
.............. simple minded as that may make us seem. And if that puts us
in a class of desperate people, then I am happy to be here.

At least I know WTF is going on.

Steve

G Henslee

SteveB wrote: