Default knee wall

Greetings,

I have a sheetrocked attic in which I would like to install a knee
wall. I am using steel studs. What is the proper procedure to
eliminate the triangular space about the top metal track? Normally I
would just attach the studs to the rafters but the drywall is in the
way and I would prefer not to disturb it.

/ -- existing sheetrock attached to rafters
/_ -- triangular hole here
/ ||
|| -- knee wall

Thank you for your time,
William

Rudy

I have a sheetrocked attic in which I would like to install a knee
wall. I am using steel studs. What is the proper procedure to
eliminate the triangular space about the top metal track?

You could cut the top ends of the studs to match the angle of the ceiling
and bend the 2 flanges on the track to match if you're using the light duty
steel.

I\
\

Thank you all. There are many options ... but is one way more correct
/ more professional than the others?

Thanks

No

The trick, IMO, is after you get a good connection with your drywall to get
a nice finished edge with your joint compound. The angle is not 90deg. There
is a tool that will give you a nice radius edge. Called "the bat knife" on
this site. See
http://www.all-wall.com/acatalog/Corner_Tools.php

-b

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you all. There are many options ... but is one way more correct
/ more professional than the others?

Thanks

Deck Set on Retaining Wall jacktripper Home Repair 6 July 22nd 04 06:22 PM
Scutle hole in knee wall Amphibian Home Repair 1 March 14th 04 02:32 PM
Wall falling down? Alex UK diy 8 August 29th 03 10:54 AM
Dry Rock Retaining Wall RedHeadAllDay Home Repair 4 August 18th 03 02:12 PM
Retaining Wall in front of another Retaining Wall MCL Home Repair 0 July 11th 03 03:48 PM