Default floor moulding door trim

I'm thinking about replacing my floor moulding and have heard that the
floor moulding and door trim must match in order to be "proper". is
this true?

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm thinking about replacing my floor moulding and have heard that the
floor moulding and door trim must match in order to be "proper". is
this true?

According to Miss Manners, yes, to entertain with mis-matched trim you would
be dropped from the invitation list for the upcoming social season. You'll
find yourself sitting home alone on New Year's Eve.

Just use a little common sense. If one is painted, both probably should be
painted If one is rather gaudy, the other may look out of place if a plain
clamshell. Your house, your rules, but you probably want something that
complements the style of the house.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/