Default Hunter Fan Remote Question

I have a Hunter ceiling fan in my dinette with a Hunter 22787-A remote
control unit installed. I bought the house two years ago with these
installed.

The remote had been working fine with the fan and the light from the
time I bought the house until this past Spring.

Then I started noticing that whenever I turn the fan on, the light
would flash on briefly (assuming the light is switched off) and making
a buzzing noise while it flashed on.

Any ideas what's causing this? Is the remote going bad?

I don't mean to needlessly sound an alarm, but that doesn't sound like
the remote, it sounds like a short circuit or other more serious
problem. The remote isn't buzzing.

Pagan

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Hunter ceiling fan in my dinette with a Hunter 22787-A remote
control unit installed. I bought the house two years ago with these
installed.

The remote had been working fine with the fan and the light from the
time I bought the house until this past Spring.

Then I started noticing that whenever I turn the fan on, the light
would flash on briefly (assuming the light is switched off) and making
a buzzing noise while it flashed on.

Any ideas what's causing this? Is the remote going bad?

I agree with Roger, it's not the remote. There's a problem with the fan
itself, most likely a short.

I installed two Hunter fans, and one wouldn't work at all with the light.
My electrician found a short, fixed it, and no problems since. I don't even
think he charged me, since he was doing other work at the time.

Hunter fans are good and cheap, but they are cheap, and they're quality
control leaves something to be desired. Stop using that fan until you get
an electrician to come out and fix or replace it, or you may burn down your
house.

Pagan

wkearney99

Then I started noticing that whenever I turn the fan on, the light
would flash on briefly (assuming the light is switched off) and making
a buzzing noise while it flashed on.

Sounds like the receiver is acting up.

I've now got two different opinions - a possible short and a bad
receiver.

Let me clarify, if this helps.
The buzzing/zapping noise only happens briefly when I turn the fan
on - it's not a constant thing while the fan is going.

Also, using only the light without the fan is fine.
It seems like the receiver is getting confused and turns the light on
when it gets a signal to turn the fan on.

I've been trying to get my electrician to come to do a few other things
-
I'll have him look into this also.

I just wanted to get an idea of what the likely problem is.