Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dugie

Default Use interior or exterior clear finish for window trim?

Hi,

Now that our new windows are installed, we plan to use a clear finish for
the interior pine, such as a satin water-based Urethane.

Is it best to use an exterior grade finish, or is an interior grade fine?
I think some rain will eventually wet the surfaces, since we'll probably
forget to close a window, or will be hit by a surprise rain storm.

To prevent staining the wood, the contractor said to first apply one coat of
finish before filling nail holes with a pine filler.
Any other advice is welcome, too.

Thanks.

Dugie

Oak Dining Table colin UK diy 14 March 15th 05 02:45 PM
Can we use water based finish on oil based finish for maintenance coats? John Smith Home Ownership 6 April 28th 04 05:45 PM
Mark Shafer's oil-beeswax gel finish (mini-review) B a r r y Woodworking 0 April 20th 04 11:33 AM
Patches of missing finish on oak tables -- how to repair and match color? Tekla Woodworking 1 March 5th 04 02:28 AM
"Dulling" a shellac finish Tim Schubach Woodworking 6 October 13th 03 06:22 AM