Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
GSS

Default Replace Mechanical Icemaker with Modular

I have a dedicated compact icemaker for a boat...this is essentially a
small freezer with the usual crescent mold icemaker inside that you
would find in any freezertop refrigerator in America. The icemaker
itself is shot & I need a new one. I've got a quote on the
manufacturer's replacement icemaker and it is $211...Because it is for
a Boat! The brand is Dometic & they also put this machine in RV's too.
Is there any reason I couldn't adjust the wiring on a regular
residential icemaker? The smart side of the icemaker is in the machine
itself as opposed to the freezer.

Has anyone done this before? All these machines look alike, and the
ONLY different I can see is the length of the pigtail and the shape of
the plugs. Please respond to the group.