DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tire marks on walls (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/119340-tire-marks-walls.html)

oscar_01 August 31st 05 08:07 PM

Tire marks on walls

What is the best way to remove bicycle tire marks off a wall?

I live in a small bldg and other tenants are constantly banging their
bike tires against the wall. The walls were freshly painted last year
and painting them again is out of the question. I've tried scrubbing
them without avail, using soapy water and pine oil, which almost took
the paint off.

Any suggestions?

Would baking soda do the trick?

SQLit August 31st 05 10:20 PM

"oscar_01" wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the best way to remove bicycle tire marks off a wall?

I live in a small bldg and other tenants are constantly banging their
bike tires against the wall. The walls were freshly painted last year
and painting them again is out of the question. I've tried scrubbing
them without avail, using soapy water and pine oil, which almost took
the paint off.

Any suggestions?

Would baking soda do the trick?

Try hair spray. It works on a graffiti. Time to seal the walls, makes it
easier to clean later.

Andy Hill August 31st 05 11:39 PM

"oscar_01" wrote:
What is the best way to remove bicycle tire marks off a wall?

I live in a small bldg and other tenants are constantly banging their
bike tires against the wall. The walls were freshly painted last year
and painting them again is out of the question. I've tried scrubbing
them without avail, using soapy water and pine oil, which almost took
the paint off.

Any suggestions?

Might want to try one of those "Mr. Clean Magic Erasers". Hokey name, but they
clean up a lot of marks in a big hurry. I'd think that rubber scuffs would be a
cinch.