dean

Default Cannot fine chimney fire extinguisher anywhere

Looked online for ages now. The one make I did find had a fire in their
factory and closed down. Ironic, I suppose!

Anyone got one handy and can tell me the brand name or something?

Thanks

Dean

RicodJour

dean wrote:
Looked online for ages now. The one make I did find had a fire in their
factory and closed down. Ironic, I suppose!

Anyone got one handy and can tell me the brand name or something?

Chimfex was the brand I knew, but they don't seem to be around anymore.
Call a local stove store and ask them who the new kid on the block is.

Stormin Mormon

When all else fails, a blast with an ABC dry chem extinguisher is a good
idea.

Annual chimney cleaning reduces the chance of such a fire.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looked online for ages now. The one make I did find had a fire in their
factory and closed down. Ironic, I suppose!

Anyone got one handy and can tell me the brand name or something?

Thanks

Dean

Amun

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looked online for ages now. The one make I did find had a fire in their
factory and closed down. Ironic, I suppose!

Anyone got one handy and can tell me the brand name or something?

Thanks

Dean

Not really an answer but and idea.

You might find what you need from a restaurant supply.

I would expect the same type of thing would be over grills / stoves in
commercial kitchens.

AMUN

Colbyt

"Amun" wrote in message
.. .

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looked online for ages now. The one make I did find had a fire in their
factory and closed down. Ironic, I suppose!

Anyone got one handy and can tell me the brand name or something?

Thanks

Dean

Chemical fire ext that you toss into the fire and it chemically smothers the
fire. Box instructions make it look like a flare with a twist cap igniter.

Brand name CHIMFEX made by Standard Fusee Corp, Easton MD 21601.

Claimed to be used by fire departments all across America. I bought this
one years ago at a wood stove store.

BTW calling the local fire prevention division of your local or a nearby
Metro fire department might be the most efficient method of getting an
answer.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.