DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A/C Question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/118329-c-question.html)

Kevin Foley August 25th 05 03:21 AM

A/C Question

There is what feels like a thin oil that occassionally drips from the
orifice/piston valve that connects the liquid line to the coil on my indoor
unit. Any idea what it might be, should I worry about it?

Thanks,

-Kevin

TURTLE August 25th 05 06:07 AM

"Kevin Foley" wrote in message
. ..
There is what feels like a thin oil that occassionally drips from the
orifice/piston valve that connects the liquid line to the coil on my indoor
unit. Any idea what it might be, should I worry about it?

Thanks,

-Kevin

This is Turtle.

If it is oil at the Piston orificet and leaking. Your leaking freon and you need
to have it repaired to not leak anymore.

TURTLE

Stormin Mormon August 26th 05 02:28 AM

Sounds like the lubricating oil that is within the freon system. Generally,
when the oil is leaking, the freon is also leaking.

Please call a HVAC repair guy (or gal). Your system needs repair.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Matt August 26th 05 02:40 AM

"Please call a HVAC repair guy (or gal). Your system needs repair. "

And ask them if they are licensed and insured.
And when the techs get there, ask to see the proof.

There are people out there, Stormin Mormin for example, who will take
your money and convert your house into a firetrap.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...403229ce15893c

~^Johnny^~ August 26th 05 08:09 PM

--
-john