Rob Osborn

Default Re_Shingling Costs?

How much should I expect to pay to have my roof re-shingled? I'm just
looking for a rough estimate.

Thanks,

Rob

Travis Jordan

Rob Osborn wrote:
How much should I expect to pay to have my roof re-shingled? I'm just
looking for a rough estimate.

Asphalt shingles?
http://www.contractors.com/cost_esti...placement.html

Sherman

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:15:00 GMT, "Rob Osborn"
wrote:

How much should I expect to pay to have my roof re-shingled? I'm just
looking for a rough estimate.

Thanks,

Rob

Check the yellow pages and get some free estimates.

My insurance company gave me $4000 for 30 squares.

Rob Osborn

wrote:

How much should I expect to pay to have my roof re-shingled? I'm just
looking for a rough estimate.

Thanks,

Rob

Check the yellow pages and get some free estimates.

My insurance company gave me $4000 for 30 squares.

What does a square equal?

100 square foot of coverage

Rob Osborn

wrote in message
ups.com...
100 square foot of coverage

So, if my roof measures 24 x 36 x 2 1,730 square feet equally 17.3 squares?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Rob Osborn" wrote in message
m...
How much should I expect to pay to have my roof re-shingled? I'm just
looking for a rough estimate.

Thanks,

Between $60 and $400 a square.

Tear off?
Decking
Pitch of roof
Height of roof
Roof style
How much flashing
How many vent pipes
Type of shingle

Ask a roofer that can see the house for a more accurate answer. How big is
a box do I need to mail a gift? Dumb question without more information
right?

Rob Osborn

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

"Rob Osborn" wrote in message
m...
How much should I expect to pay to have my roof re-shingled? I'm just
looking for a rough estimate.

Thanks,

Between $60 and $400 a square.

Tear off?
Decking
Pitch of roof
Height of roof
Roof style
How much flashing
How many vent pipes
Type of shingle

Ask a roofer that can see the house for a more accurate answer. How big
is a box do I need to mail a gift? Dumb question without more information
right?

It may be a dumb question, Edwin, but I never said I was an expert on
roofing either.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Rob Osborn" wrote in message
It may be a dumb question, Edwin, but I never said I was an expert on
roofing either.

But now you know some of the factors that go into a quotation and why the
big price spread. Glad I was able to help.

Rob Osborn

"Rob Osborn" wrote in message
It may be a dumb question, Edwin, but I never said I was an expert on
roofing either.

But now you know some of the factors that go into a quotation and why the
big price spread. Glad I was able to help.

You did help me. Hey, I gotta start somewhere, right?

Caesar Romano

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:00:47 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote Re_Shingling Costs?::

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message
It may be a dumb question, Edwin, but I never said I was an expert on
roofing either.

Just ignore him Rob. He's an asshole. Every newsgroup has them.

Thank you for your comments. I gave some information that is needed to
quote roofing cost. What did YOU contribute? What explanation did you
give?

An explanation of your personality disorder.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Caesar Romano" wrote in message

An explanation of your personality disorder.

Impressive, snappy comeback. I bet you could have your own TV show with
your talent. .

Sherman

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:58:02 GMT, "Rob Osborn"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
100 square foot of coverage

So, if my roof measures 24 x 36 x 2 1,730 square feet equally 17.3 squares?

My hiproof is sitting over 2000 sf house. The roof has about 3100
sf.

Today, I'd expect the insurance to pay about 5500 to replace it.

I did it myself last time and it cost abou 1500 with me doing all
the work.

Todd H.

"Rob Osborn" writes:
wrote in message
ups.com...
100 square foot of coverage

So, if my roof measures 24 x 36 x 2 1,730 square feet equally 17.3 squares?

At least.

Pitch of roof factors in (stepper the more expensive), as well as how
many linear starting feet are needed (if you have a simple peaked roof
it's cheaper than a colonial with a separate peak for each upstairs
window, etc.

Best way is to get a few pros out to give you a free estimate.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Rob Osborn

"Sherman" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:58:02 GMT, "Rob Osborn"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
100 square foot of coverage

So, if my roof measures 24 x 36 x 2 1,730 square feet equally 17.3
squares?

My hiproof is sitting over 2000 sf house. The roof has about 3100
sf.

Today, I'd expect the insurance to pay about 5500 to replace it.

I did it myself last time and it cost abou 1500 with me doing all
the work.

Your insurance company would pay ro have your roof replaced? Did a storm
rip it off or damage it?

Rob Osborn

Well, I found out what the damage will be - $2,855. Not bad considering
that includes flashing around the chimney, drip line, vent line along the
peak, 35 year shingles, stripping the roof of the two existing layers of
shingles, disposal, etc.

Rob

Results of structural survey and possible costs - any advice appreciated! Tigs UK diy 10 August 7th 05 01:12 PM
Building costs guidelines chris French UK diy 7 October 10th 04 10:15 PM
Rebuilding costs Lobster UK diy 5 October 9th 04 11:35 AM
Reducing closing costs: Seller Concessions, point write-off? Matt Home Ownership 0 February 1st 04 12:47 AM
Help!!! which mortgage bank gives load including closing costs when buying a new home? Santa Home Ownership 0 July 6th 03 05:29 AM