Liz

Default insinkerator garbage disposers and hot water dispensers

So I was checking out Insinkerator's new Garbage Disposer Site and I
was wondering which disposer you guys recommend? Go with the 777
disposer or something with less powerful like the 555?

http://www.insinkerator.com/disposers/index.shtml

Also, does anyone have an insinkerator instant hot water dispenser?

Thanks,
~Liz

SQLit

"Liz" wrote in message
oups.com...
So I was checking out Insinkerator's new Garbage Disposer Site and I
was wondering which disposer you guys recommend? Go with the 777
disposer or something with less powerful like the 555?

http://www.insinkerator.com/disposers/index.shtml

Also, does anyone have an insinkerator instant hot water dispenser?

Thanks,
~Liz

Garbage disposals are the service plumbers best friend. I have not used one
for 10 years.
All my homes have had them I choose not to use them. Depending on your
plumbing and WHAT you really put down them, I guess they could be considered
a convenience. When I was married to my ex wife the garbage disposal was
worth a plumbing call usually once a month.

I install screen in the drains and dump the partials out into the compost
pit.
Just one man's opinion. I am sure I will be in the minority. Nothing
unusual there.

Travis Jordan

Liz wrote:
So I was checking out Insinkerator's new Garbage Disposer Site and I
was wondering which disposer you guys recommend? Go with the 777
disposer or something with less powerful like the 555?

I've had the 333ss (predecessor to the 555ss) installed for about 8
years. It has been trouble free - and it gets used every day.

Also, does anyone have an insinkerator instant hot water dispenser?

Yep, got one of those too, the H990 in white. Once you have one of
these you will wonder how you ever did without it. I make coffee and
tea every morning (small Melita drip for the coffee, tea bag for the
tea). No stove, no microwave needed. The only problem I had with the
original unit (also eight years old) was a leak that developed as a
result of a corroded copper storage tank. Insinkerator replaced the
tank for $50, which I thought was reasonable under the circumstances.

http://www.insinkerator.com/isejsp/p...2&template=hwd

I have both. Got a new 80S insinkerator disposal from Lowes. I think
its there model, haven't seen it anywhere else, it's 3/4 hp. Reason
I like it was the trim ring that goes in the bottom on the sink is
nicely polished stainless. Originally was going to go with a Sears,
but their unit had a stainless trim piece that looked dull and crappy.
Actually, I was kind of amazed at how hard it was to find a decent
disposal trim and a drain trim for the other basin that would match.
Disposal is fine, only thing I don't like is the older GE it replaced
had a rubber throat insert that you could pull out. That made it easy
to get at anything that happens to fall in. Also, the throat was
wider, making it easier to get your hand in too. Insinkerator one is
much quieter though.

Also have the hot water dispenser, about 6 years now. I was ****ed
with the dispenser. Just over a year old, it quit. So, I figure out
its the high temp fuse thats shot. Call up for parts and find out they
have a new kit that completely replaces the old design. So, obviously
they knew they were failing. Still charged me and it cost like $25 for
the parts. But I love the convenience. Use it for instant coffee/tea,
hot cereal, even to fill a pot if I want to boil somthing and get it
going quicker.

Fred

Also have the hot water dispenser, about 6 years now. I was ****ed
with the dispenser. Just over a year old, it quit. So, I figure out
its the high temp fuse thats shot. Call up for parts and find out they
have a new kit that completely replaces the old design. So, obviously
they knew they were failing. Still charged me and it cost like $25 for
the parts. But I love the convenience. Use it for instant coffee/tea,
hot cereal, even to fill a pot if I want to boil somthing and get it
going quicker.

My first hot water dispenser lasted about 10 years. The new ones good about
4 years - I'm on my 5th one. They used to use stainless steel tanks but they
got cheap and my previous tank leaks. That fuse is a know defect you could
adjust for a lower temp and save the fuse.

There is an overflow reservoir and last time I checked its full of crud -
drinking that mud with your tea or coffee. Perhaps its good it only laste
about 4 years before it gets too dirty.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Liz" wrote in message
oups.com...
So I was checking out Insinkerator's new Garbage Disposer Site and I
was wondering which disposer you guys recommend? Go with the 777
disposer or something with less powerful like the 555?

http://www.insinkerator.com/disposers/index.shtml

Also, does anyone have an insinkerator instant hot water dispenser?

Thanks,
~Liz

Personally, I'd go with the Model 17 batch feed. I've had batch feed units
for years and find them less likely to have a spoon drop in them, especially
when running. Also, no switch on the wall needed. 3/4 HP is adequate for
95% of households. If I have big bones, they'd go in the trash anyway.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Edwin Pawlowski

"SQLit" wrote in message

Garbage disposals are the service plumbers best friend. I have not used
one
for 10 years.
All my homes have had them I choose not to use them. Depending on your
plumbing and WHAT you really put down them,

Just one man's opinion. I am sure I will be in the minority. Nothing
unusual there.

I half agree. Composting is good, putting large quantities of bones is silly
when they can easily go in the trash or to the neighbor's dog. But they are
handy for disposing of stinky stuff like plate scrapings of fish. In my
case, it is run before the dishwasher and the DW seems to help keep it
cleared of any grease buildup in the pipes.

In this house, it has never clogged the drain in 24 years. In my old house,
I replaced a section of the old lead drain pipe with a section of steam hose
so I could get to the clog every few months. It just did not have the right
itch for proper drainage of solids.