Jim-Poncin

Default Air conditioner question

This is the third summer of usage for our air conditioning unit. It's an
external unit that works through the central forced air system.

This summer the KW hrs usage is up about 60 pct over the last two summers.
Obviously, settings and weather influence it, but I'm wondering if it could
be that it needs maintenance of some kind that would make it more efficient
and use less electricity.

Any thoughts or ideas what I should look for to make sure it's not running
inefficiently?

Gracias

SQLit

"Jim-Poncin" wrote in message
nk.net...

This is the third summer of usage for our air conditioning unit. It's an
external unit that works through the central forced air system.

This summer the KW hrs usage is up about 60 pct over the last two summers.
Obviously, settings and weather influence it, but I'm wondering if it

could
be that it needs maintenance of some kind that would make it more

efficient
and use less electricity.

Any thoughts or ideas what I should look for to make sure it's not running
inefficiently?

Gracias

Do you change the oil in your car?
Do you change the filters every 30 days?
Why would you assume that something designed by, installed by man would not
need a check up?
I have my unit checked every year before I need it. Cheap insurance as far
as I am concerned.

Where I live has been more humid than usual this year. Yep the bill had
climbed a bit.

Stormin Mormon

I'd call for a clean and check from a local HVAC company. Ask your friends
and relatives who they use.

I'm very new to the heating and aC field. However, I assure you from
personal experience that a dirty AC system can use a LOT more electricity.
And a dirty AC doesn't cool as well. You will likely save the cost of the
service in lower electric.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim-Poncin" wrote in message
nk.net...

This is the third summer of usage for our air conditioning unit. It's an
external unit that works through the central forced air system.

This summer the KW hrs usage is up about 60 pct over the last two summers.
Obviously, settings and weather influence it, but I'm wondering if it could
be that it needs maintenance of some kind that would make it more efficient
and use less electricity.

Any thoughts or ideas what I should look for to make sure it's not running
inefficiently?

Gracias

HeatMan

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I'd call for a clean and check from a local HVAC company. Ask your friends
and relatives who they use.

I'm very new to the heating and aC field. However, I assure you from
personal experience that a dirty AC system can use a LOT more electricity.
And a dirty AC doesn't cool as well. You will likely save the cost of the
service in lower electric.

You've been very new to the HVAC field for quite a few years...

"Jim-Poncin" wrote in message
nk.net...

This is the third summer of usage for our air conditioning unit. It's an
external unit that works through the central forced air system.

This summer the KW hrs usage is up about 60 pct over the last two summers.
Obviously, settings and weather influence it, but I'm wondering if it

could
be that it needs maintenance of some kind that would make it more

efficient
and use less electricity.

Any thoughts or ideas what I should look for to make sure it's not running
inefficiently?

Gracias

Sherman

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:15:43 GMT, "Jim-Poncin"
wrote:

This is the third summer of usage for our air conditioning unit. It's an
external unit that works through the central forced air system.

This summer the KW hrs usage is up about 60 pct over the last two summers.
Obviously, settings and weather influence it, but I'm wondering if it could
be that it needs maintenance of some kind that would make it more efficient
and use less electricity.

Any thoughts or ideas what I should look for to make sure it's not running
inefficiently?

Gracias

The indoor coil get filthy over a period of time and becomes very
inefficient. Even with regular filter changes, your coil could
likely use a good cleaning.

Stormin Mormon

And in about five more years, I'll be a slightly experienced tech.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeatMan" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

I'm very new to the heating and aC field. However, I assure you from
personal experience that a dirty AC system can use a LOT more electricity.
And a dirty AC doesn't cool as well. You will likely save the cost of the
service in lower electric.

You've been very new to the HVAC field for quite a few years...

Jim-Poncin

"Anthony Berlin" wrote in message
. ..
As little as 1/16" of dirt on your centrifugal blower can increase operating
cost up to 10%. More importantly however is, if you are stupid enough to ask
a question like the one you posted here,

Faggots like you can't get anyone to pay attention to them in real life, so
they get on the internet to show what assholes they are.

sears all conditioner barry martin Home Repair 1 August 26th 04 02:01 AM
Efficient use of Air conditioner tom Home Ownership 85 August 21st 04 09:01 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM