DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   sources for ceramic tile? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/116008-sources-ceramic-tile.html)

rider89 August 5th 05 05:44 PM

sources for ceramic tile?

anyone had any notably good/bad experiences with online ceramic tile
sources (usa based) .?
I'm looking for a more or less commercial style, maybe quarry tile, and need
about 1600sf, so
I can probably justify the $hipping.
thanks
bill

SQLit August 5th 05 10:44 PM

"rider89" wrote in message
.. .
anyone had any notably good/bad experiences with online ceramic tile
sources (usa based) .?
I'm looking for a more or less commercial style, maybe quarry tile, and

need
about 1600sf, so
I can probably justify the $hipping.
thanks
bill

I was buying tile for a remodel needed about 1400 sqft. The shipping cost
was 1/2 of what the tile cost. Which made it more than what I paid locally.
I ended up with some nominal 12 inch tile for $0.60 a sqft.

G Henslee August 6th 05 02:04 AM

rider89 wrote:
anyone had any notably good/bad experiences with online ceramic tile
sources (usa based) .?
I'm looking for a more or less commercial style, maybe quarry tile, and
need about 1600sf, so
I can probably justify the $hipping.
thanks
bill

Is there really a need to buy online? Tile supply stores and big box
stores are everywhere these days.

Edwin Pawlowski August 6th 05 02:44 AM

"G Henslee" wrote in message

Is there really a need to buy online? Tile supply stores and big box
stores are everywhere these days.

Reminds me of the flooring controversy from a month or so ago. Sure is nice
to have a solid retailer if there is a problem.