A.D.C

Default Any Easy Way to Unclog a Downspout?

I hauled a waterhose up to mine and shot a jet full blast..worked well.
"jim evans" wrote in message
I'm including a tiny gif. Given it's smaller that many signature
files I see attached I'm hoping this trivial violation of the not
binary rule.

One of my down spouts has become clogged with leaves and, so far, I
haven't been able to unclog it. I believe it is clogged near the top.
There is a fairly small opening from the gutter into the first down
pipe. The small opening is clear so the clog is further down.
Probably in one of the elbows or the horizontal run. I have tried to
run a small snake down it but I can't get it very far in.

Any other suggestions?

jim

Walter R.

With this kind of a problem I have had good luck, cutting a 2x4 flap in the
horizontal downspout. If you cut it in the top and then seal it with caulk,
it will not really show.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"jim evans" wrote in message
I'm including a tiny gif. Given it's smaller that many signature
files I see attached I'm hoping this trivial violation of the not
binary rule.

One of my down spouts has become clogged with leaves and, so far, I
haven't been able to unclog it. I believe it is clogged near the top.
There is a fairly small opening from the gutter into the first down
pipe. The small opening is clear so the clog is further down.
Probably in one of the elbows or the horizontal run. I have tried to
run a small snake down it but I can't get it very far in.

Any other suggestions?

jim

Harry K

jim evans wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:23:15 GMT, "Walter R."
wrote:

With this kind of a problem I have had good luck, cutting a 2x4 flap in the
horizontal downspout. If you cut it in the top and then seal it with caulk,
it will not really show.

Good suggestion. Thanks.

jim

I also tried the water hose trick, no go until I finally fed it up the
spout from the bottom. That worked.

Harry K

Stormin Mormon

Take a garden hose up the ladder, and give it a blast of water from the top
down.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jim evans" wrote in message
I'm including a tiny gif. Given it's smaller that many signature
files I see attached I'm hoping this trivial violation of the not
binary rule.

One of my down spouts has become clogged with leaves and, so far, I
haven't been able to unclog it. I believe it is clogged near the top.
There is a fairly small opening from the gutter into the first down
pipe. The small opening is clear so the clog is further down.
Probably in one of the elbows or the horizontal run. I have tried to
run a small snake down it but I can't get it very far in.

Any other suggestions?

jim

Bob

"jim evans" wrote in message
I'm including a tiny gif. Given it's smaller that many signature
files I see attached I'm hoping this trivial violation of the not
binary rule.

One of my down spouts has become clogged with leaves and, so far, I
haven't been able to unclog it. I believe it is clogged near the top.
There is a fairly small opening from the gutter into the first down
pipe. The small opening is clear so the clog is further down.
Probably in one of the elbows or the horizontal run. I have tried to
run a small snake down it but I can't get it very far in.

Any other suggestions?

You could try a hose from the top (or bottom). Wrap a rag around it and push
firmly to seal the opening around the hose so it can build a little
pressure. This works for me on drains. It should work here if it doesn't
blow it apart. Use care.

Bob