Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Replacing light controlled by 2 switches

I'm replacing the overhead light in my kitchen. The old light has been
removed to reveal a total of 8 wires in the ceiling (four pairs of 2).
I have tested these 8 wires and only 1 is hot.

Two switches contol the light. Those have been left in the wall and
not touched (the old light was working fine). Also, there is one wall
outlet that appears to be included in the circuit, since it does not
work now that the ceiling light has been removed.

I realize it would have been best to mark the ceiling wires before
disconnecting them from the old light.

My question is, how to I properly wire the new light fixture?

Thanks in advance.