DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Old Mobile Home Repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/113608-old-mobile-home-repair.html)

[email protected] July 15th 05 07:14 PM

Old Mobile Home Repair

Recently purchased property with an old mobile home on it. Everything
seems to work in it but it is very old. There is a shared well on the
property and I don't seem to be getting good water pressure for some
reason. Are there any sites on the net that will help me learn hoe to
fix this mobile home up a bit? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rodger

Colbyt July 16th 05 02:42 AM

wrote in message
Recently purchased property with an old mobile home on it. Everything
seems to work in it but it is very old. There is a shared well on the
property and I don't seem to be getting good water pressure for some
reason. Are there any sites on the net that will help me learn hoe to
fix this mobile home up a bit? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rodger

I am not aware of any MH specific books. A general home repair book will
give you a jump start.

The older homes were almost always plumbed with 3/8" flex copper lines and
relied on a good main pressure to work properly. Other than making sure you
don't have any kinked lines or partially closed valves I don't have a lot to
suggest.

Of course you can always post back here with specific questions. There are
a few people here with MH experience.

Colbyt

Gort July 16th 05 06:39 AM

wrote:
Recently purchased property with an old mobile home on it. Everything
seems to work in it but it is very old. There is a shared well on the
property and I don't seem to be getting good water pressure for some
reason. Are there any sites on the net that will help me learn hoe to
fix this mobile home up a bit? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rodger

The very first thing you want to do is have the well water tested.
It may be potable, but it could also be highly toxic.

inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Spud July 16th 05 10:43 AM

wrote in message
[...]

The Manual for Manufactured/Mobile Home Repair & Upgrade.
http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/order.htm#catalog
Also has a Forum Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer
http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/forum.htm

July 17th 05 03:41 PM

The renovation that'll show the most improvement
and give you the most bang for the buck is
A Good Coat of Paint......

That's AFTER you've removed any trash, tires,
broken appliances or rusty cars from the property....

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:14:08 -0500, wrote:

Recently purchased property with an old mobile home on it. Everything
seems to work in it but it is very old. There is a shared well on the
property and I don't seem to be getting good water pressure for some
reason. Are there any sites on the net that will help me learn hoe to
fix this mobile home up a bit? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rodger

rj