Norminn

Default Brainstorm!

My brainstorms scare people, but they sometimes work. Whilst removing
wallpaper and mildewy paste from bathroom, I was pondering how to scrub
the wall behind the toilet. A wallpaper seam was loose and the wall
back there got really dirty. Stripped off top layer of wallpaper,
sprayed the remaining paper with water, waited, scraped, scrubbed. Just
got to the towel rod and was wiping it down when the darn thing fell
off. I muttered at the lead anchors that don't hold in wallboard, then
got down and grabbed the towel rod. Voila! Wrap the rag around the
towel rod, hang onto each end, and run it up and down behind the toilet
tank. Works like a charm. Now I'm pondering how to paint back there ..
I think a piece of terry cloth from an old towel and a dowel would make
a suitable paint roller. Maybe. )

Doug Kanter

"Norminn" wrote in message
My brainstorms scare people, but they sometimes work. Whilst removing
wallpaper and mildewy paste from bathroom, I was pondering how to scrub
the wall behind the toilet. A wallpaper seam was loose and the wall back
there got really dirty. Stripped off top layer of wallpaper, sprayed the
remaining paper with water, waited, scraped, scrubbed. Just got to the
towel rod and was wiping it down when the darn thing fell off. I muttered
at the lead anchors that don't hold in wallboard, then got down and
grabbed the towel rod. Voila! Wrap the rag around the towel rod, hang
onto each end, and run it up and down behind the toilet tank. Works like
a charm. Now I'm pondering how to paint back there .. I think a piece of
terry cloth from an old towel and a dowel would make a suitable paint
roller. Maybe. )

It's more than a brainstorm. It's an epiphany!

You might want to consider using that towel rod to apply some stain
kilz on the wallboard behind the terlit if the wall paper was lifting
off

Gort

Red Cloud© wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:23:59 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

My brainstorms scare people, but they sometimes work. Whilst removing
wallpaper and mildewy paste from bathroom, I was pondering how to scrub
the wall behind the toilet. A wallpaper seam was loose and the wall
back there got really dirty. Stripped off top layer of wallpaper,
sprayed the remaining paper with water, waited, scraped, scrubbed. Just
got to the towel rod and was wiping it down when the darn thing fell
off. I muttered at the lead anchors that don't hold in wallboard, then
got down and grabbed the towel rod. Voila! Wrap the rag around the
towel rod, hang onto each end, and run it up and down behind the toilet
tank. Works like a charm. Now I'm pondering how to paint back there ..
I think a piece of terry cloth from an old towel and a dowel would make
a suitable paint roller. Maybe. )

Pulling the toilet is really not all that difficult.

rusty redcloud

Even easier is a roller called a "Long John". available at H-D, OSH,
probably True Value and Ace Hardware as well.
Handle is about 2 ft. long, and uses a roller cover that is about 1 1/2
inch diameter. Easily goes behind a tank without removing it.

inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.

Rudy

You might want to consider using that towel rod to apply some stain
kilz on the wallboard behind the terlit if the wall paper was lifting
off

To whom, and what are you talking about?

Have you considered auditioning for the TV show "LOST" ?
A mind is a terrible thing to lose..