Default Install room a/c in a wood frame wall???

Hi, I posted a similar question today but I can't find it anywhere.

I can't install in a window because I need that window for emergency
egress. If I put the unit in a wood framed wall, where would be the
most efficient place to put it...higher towards my 7' ceiling to mix
with the hot air? Or lower , perhaps below the window, giving the
cold air some time to stay below, before rising??

Thanks,

Mike , Picture Rocks, AZ!

Stormin Mormon

There's a couple concerns. First, window AC draw air from the sides, and
dump the heat out the back. So, it might not work if it's a very thick wall.

Second, higher is better in terms of cooling. Cause the hot air is on top,
and cold air will naturally fall.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I posted a similar question today but I can't find it anywhere.

I can't install in a window because I need that window for emergency
egress. If I put the unit in a wood framed wall, where would be the
most efficient place to put it...higher towards my 7' ceiling to mix
with the hot air? Or lower , perhaps below the window, giving the
cold air some time to stay below, before rising??

Thanks,

Mike , Picture Rocks, AZ!

Steam Bending Lumber - Any Good Sites Big John Woodworking 2 December 26th 04 06:30 PM
FAQ - Steambending gregg Woodworking 0 December 26th 04 02:06 PM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 018 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 August 29th 04 09:56 AM
### micro-FAQ on wood # 013 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 June 28th 04 09:55 AM
### Micro-FAQ on wood # 005 P van Rijckevorsel Woodworking 0 March 19th 04 03:53 PM