DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rabbit dump (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/112233-rabbit-dump.html)

Jim85CJ July 4th 05 04:08 PM

You can buy "humane" traps, catch them and release them far away from you.
Or just make stew.

D'Olier wrote:
Is there a humane way to get rid of rabbits? I have at least two living
under my deck and I wouldn't mind only they perform their bowel movements
all over my backyard. It's disgusting and I have little kids who constantly
want to pick it up. I just want them to get away from our back yard.

I live in Dallas, TX.

Thanks.

Paul

G Henslee July 4th 05 04:09 PM

D'Olier wrote:
Is there a humane way to get rid of rabbits? I have at least two living
under my deck and I wouldn't mind only they perform their bowel movements
all over my backyard. It's disgusting and I have little kids who constantly
want to pick it up. I just want them to get away from our back yard.

I live in Dallas, TX.

Thanks.

Paul

Never heard of a live trap and a short ride?

Doug Miller July 4th 05 04:10 PM

In article , "D'Olier" wrote:
Is there a humane way to get rid of rabbits? I have at least two living
under my deck and I wouldn't mind only they perform their bowel movements
all over my backyard. It's disgusting and I have little kids who constantly
want to pick it up. I just want them to get away from our back yard.

Get a Hav-a-Hart trap. Then search the internet for recipes for hasenpfeffer.

--
Regards,

Dan C July 4th 05 05:18 PM

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 10:12:54 -0500, D'Olier wrote:

Is there a humane way to get rid of rabbits?

A shotgun. They won't feel a thing.

Linux Registered User #327951

FDR July 4th 05 05:18 PM

"D'Olier" wrote in message
Is there a humane way to get rid of rabbits? I have at least two living
under my deck and I wouldn't mind only they perform their bowel movements
all over my backyard. It's disgusting and I have little kids who
constantly
want to pick it up. I just want them to get away from our back yard.

Rent a hunting dog for a day.

I live in Dallas, TX.

Thanks.

Paul

PaPaPeng July 4th 05 05:23 PM

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:10:13 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

Get a Hav-a-Hart trap. Then search the internet for recipes for hasenpfeffer.

Try borrowing some from the local wildlife office or the SPCA.

The Man in the Yellow Hat July 5th 05 05:51 AM

"D'Olier" wrote in message
Is there a humane way to get rid of rabbits? I have at least two living
under my deck and I wouldn't mind only they perform their bowel movements
all over my backyard. It's disgusting and I have little kids who

constantly
want to pick it up. I just want them to get away from our back yard.

I live in Dallas, TX.

Thanks.

Paul

Well Paul, you could trap 'em. Or you could shoot 'em. But sooner or later
another critter is going to take their place. This might actually be a good
opportunity to teach your kids that despite their best efforts, every now
and then they're going to end up with **** on their shoes.

HTH

Olaf July 5th 05 04:40 PM

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article , "D'Olier"

wrote:

Get a Hav-a-Hart trap. Then search the internet for recipes for

hasenpfeffer.

--

I thought they just made that word up for Bugs Bunny cartoons. :-D

And here I've been using it to demand faster service. :o

Doug Miller July 5th 05 04:57 PM

wrote:

Get a Hav-a-Hart trap. Then search the internet for recipes for

hasenpfeffer.

I thought they just made that word up for Bugs Bunny cartoons. :-D

And here I've been using it to demand faster service. :o

It's a German dish. Means "peppered rabbit".

--
Regards,