RBM

Default gas generator problem

If it runs poorly from moisture I'd guess you loosing your high voltage
through a bad plug wire or cracked coil
"Tom Desmond" wrote in message
Hello,
My gasoline powered Onan 4.5 kw generator runs great in the dry weather,
but after a hard rain runs very roughly and sometimes won't start at all.
Once it dries out, it runs fine. It's mounted outside, but sheltered from
the weather, so it doesn't get directly wet but rather just moist from
sustained high humidity during stormy weather. I assume the problem is
in the electrical system. I'm not too familiar with small engines, but
can identify the plugs, wires, points, and coil. Money is tight as usual,
and I'd like to handle this problem myself if I can. Any suggestions will
be appreciated.

TIA
Tom
Durham, North Carolina

Stormin Mormon

Go to the auto parts store, and ask for a can of "wire drier". Costs about
three bucks. Spraycan.

When you have hard start problems, spray the ignition coil with wire drier,
and then try to start it.

I had a truck that had a similar problem. Only with a truck, it leaves you
along the side of the road with the hood up. The real answer is to replace
the ignition coil.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus