DJA

Default Gate stopper suggestions

I have a situation with a chain link fence gate and I need suggestions.

The gate has to be set so that it swings only one way. I want to add
some kind of stop to the gate so that it can't swing past the latching
post... a tab that sticks out would be ideal.

An ideas on how I can mount a 4" tab or something similar on the 2"
fence frame near the flip down fork latch? It has to be a mechanical
mount, no welding or brazing.

Thanks.

--
David
dja--dot--mail--at--comcast--dot--net
Heathcliff

DJA wrote:
I have a situation with a chain link fence gate and I need suggestions.

The gate has to be set so that it swings only one way. I want to add
some kind of stop to the gate so that it can't swing past the latching
post... a tab that sticks out would be ideal.

An ideas on how I can mount a 4" tab or something similar on the 2"
fence frame near the flip down fork latch? It has to be a mechanical
mount, no welding or brazing.

Thanks.

--
David
dja--dot--mail--at--comcast--dot--net

Couple suggestions -- one, it would be better to put the tab on the
gate door rather than the post. If you have a tab sticking out from
the latchpost, you will tend to run into it, catch your clothes on it,
trip over it, etc. Two, on the door, consider having two tabs, near
the top and bottom. If it only catches at the top (say), over time the
torque of banging into the catch will cause the door to become bent or
misaligned. -- H

Two way gate lock? julvr Home Repair 4 July 18th 06 01:43 AM
Building a fence and large gate Darren Woodworking 9 June 30th 05 05:40 PM
d-i-y sliding steel double gate T i m UK diy 20 April 29th 04 03:11 PM
Need some ideas for a gate Jon Ward Metalworking 20 March 25th 04 11:33 AM
CH System - what is this gate valve for? Colin M UK diy 7 November 25th 03 10:04 AM