MrC1

Default How to locate a local contractor?

I'm wanting to have a door unit installed in place of a large window in a
bricked wall. My first stop ws Home Depot to see if they could even do the
job. Well, their contractors won't touch brickwork.

Where does a guy go to find a good contractor (with references) to do such a
job?

Location: North Dallas 'burbs

Thanks!

On 30-Jun-2005, "MrC1" wrote:

'm wanting to have a door unit installed in place of a large window in a
bricked wall. My first stop ws Home Depot to see if they could even do
the
job. Well, their contractors won't touch brickwork.

Where does a guy go to find a good contractor (with references) to do such
job?

Location: North Dallas 'burbs

Thanks!

One good first place to check is with the store you're buying the door from.
Which is hopefully not Home Depot.
ml
Edwin Pawlowski

"MrC1" wrote in message
I'm wanting to have a door unit installed in place of a large window in a
bricked wall. My first stop ws Home Depot to see if they could even do
the
job. Well, their contractors won't touch brickwork.

Where does a guy go to find a good contractor (with references) to do such
job?

Location: North Dallas 'burbs

Go to a real lumber yard/home center. They can often refer you to someone
that does that work and they probably sell a better product. Avoid Home
Depot and Lowes for that type of work.

RicodJour

MrC1 wrote:
I'm wanting to have a door unit installed in place of a large window in a
bricked wall. My first stop ws Home Depot to see if they could even do the
job. Well, their contractors won't touch brickwork.

Where does a guy go to find a good contractor (with references) to do such a
job?

Location: North Dallas 'burbs

Thanks!

http://www.naridallas.org/

No

I actually had good luck with http://www.servicemagic.com/ an on-line
referral network. I had once tried some of the other online referal services
out there and never had any call backs. This one I had 3 or 4 responses to
my small job and I found a really great contractor I will uses for now and
for ever (For the kind of work he does). My first responses came within
minutes and ALL within an hour!

Try it, it couldn't hurt.