Budman

Default Pex - expander vs crimp

Hi all,

I'm trying to get into doing some pex plumbing. My house is plumbed
with it and I want to add some additional hose bibs, use it for
irrigation, and plumb a shop with it.

I'm not sure whether to go with the expansion setup/tools (i.e. Wirsbo)
or the crimp setup - anyone worked with both (pros/cons)?

Thanks,
Budman

Rudy

I'm not sure whether to go with the expansion setup/tools (i.e. Wirsbo)
or the crimp setup - anyone worked with both (pros/cons)?

I 've had homes plumbed with both types of PEX. What the plumber says is:

Wirsbo has more memory in in so it can be used with the expansion
rings/tool.
The other types of PEX don't have as much "return' built in, so they are
used with the crimp rings.

Removing poly tubing crimp rings Jerry Flanders Home Repair 2 June 24th 05 03:01 PM
Electrical Question jadern Home Repair 2 May 9th 05 04:57 PM
Anyone try pipe-relining vs. repiping their house or condo? [email protected] Home Repair 12 April 7th 05 04:08 AM
working with fine wire Karl Townsend Metalworking 16 January 28th 05 04:05 AM
Help me find this tool.. ant Metalworking 9 June 16th 04 06:06 AM