N/A

Default Best Baseboard Heat Registers?

This may sound like a minor question but here it goes:

We are remodeling a house with forced hot air heat & central air. The
existing baseboard registers are in bad shape and we are going to replace
them.

I believe the home currently has the 460 series Hart & Cooley registers (24
inch) installed.

Is there much difference between registers? Will a different width make a
difference? (other than fitting in the existing opening)

We were considering replacing them with the 24 inch models by Leigh
Products.

Since I don't have any place in which I can physically see all the different
models, I must rely on the experience of others to determine performance and
durability.

Thanks!

Forced-air register does two things:
1. Covers duct hole prettily.
2. Restricts & directs air flow. (needs may differ for
heating/cooling.)

Overall, forced-air system is designed for some range of air flow,
typically with registers wide open. Any register that can approximate
that should not be a problem.

If you found some that meet 1) and 2) to your satisfaction, durability
should be _forever_ indoors. Unless you slop paint over them often.
Lotsa samples at BigBox and HVAC suppliers to look at; get rec. from
local HVAC folks if you need someone to take chances for you.

HTH,