Sasha

Default Bath exhaust fan

I am looking for a bath exhaust fan. As far as I know there are two
brands to consider: Broan and Panasonic. My bath is mall one around 60
sqft. My primarily concern is quietness of operation. I checked Broan
has fan which is less then 1 sonar at 80 cfpm. I have Panasonic fan in
my basement bath and it is too noisy. I am also seeking an advice
what's the best way to root exhaust fan ducts. The bath is on second
floor.

Joseph Meehan

Sasha wrote:
I am looking for a bath exhaust fan. As far as I know there are two
brands to consider: Broan and Panasonic. My bath is mall one around 60
sqft. My primarily concern is quietness of operation. I checked Broan
has fan which is less then 1 sonar at 80 cfpm. I have Panasonic fan in
my basement bath and it is too noisy. I am also seeking an advice
what's the best way to root exhaust fan ducts. The bath is on second
floor.

I installed a Broan about a year ago and it is pretty good. If you want
really quiet, consider a remote fan that can be located well away from the
bath, you can get one powerful enough to handle more than one bath.

Duct routing is very building dependent. Just make sure it is vented
outside not into the attic and I suggest that you don't vent it under the
eave near any air intake, or you will just have the moist air right back in
your attic.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Luke

On 27 Jun 2005 12:35:27 -0700, "Sasha" wrote:

I am looking for a bath exhaust fan. As far as I know there are two
brands to consider: Broan and Panasonic. My bath is mall one around 60
sqft. My primarily concern is quietness of operation. I checked Broan
has fan which is less then 1 sonar at 80 cfpm. I have Panasonic fan in
my basement bath and it is too noisy.

Panasonic has quiet fans. Just compare sones. See:
http://www.panasonic.com

I am also seeking an advice
what's the best way to root exhaust fan ducts. The bath is on second
floor.

Through the ceiling, into the attic and out the roof or side wall. Or
do you have a more specific question?

--
Luke
"Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by
-- The Downing Street Memo, July 23, 2002
http://www.downingstreetmemo.com
World Traveler

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
Sasha wrote:
[...]

I concur with the remote fan idea. We did it in another house and there was
no fan noise, only the sound of the air moving. One of my regrets in our
latest remodelling is that we let the contractor talk us out of using a
remote fan and installed two conventional Broans instead. The regular
installation is much noisier than a remote fan. Regards --

NuTone vs Broan Bath Exhaust Fans Vince Home Repair 6 May 31st 05 02:28 PM
Bath advice Martin Wilson UK diy 2 November 13th 04 06:44 AM
Bathroom Exhaust Fans to barry martin Home Repair 0 June 19th 04 06:24 PM
shop generator exhaust Michael Bruss Metalworking 4 May 7th 04 04:57 PM
Sealant around bath not setting! BraileTrail UK diy 14 January 14th 04 08:49 PM