DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   why isnt my whistling kettle whistling anymore? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/112022-why-isnt-my-whistling-kettle-whistling-anymore.html)

ODB June 26th 05 01:17 AM

why isnt my whistling kettle whistling anymore?

Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem? :)

Edwin Pawlowski June 26th 05 03:47 AM

"ODB" wrote in message
Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem? :)

The sound is made by steam passing through the whistle opening. Be sure it
is clear and did not get filled with some gunk. Clean it out with a pin or
paperclip and give it a try. Also check that it is fitting properly and the
steam is not escaping around the lid rather than through it.

Dennis Turner June 26th 05 04:08 AM

On 6/25/2005 7:17 PM or thereabouts, ODB appears, somewhat unbelievably,
to have opined:

Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem? :)

It's probably feeling depressed and therefore doesn't feel like
whistling. Perhaps it should consult a mental health professional.

--
I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Joseph Meehan June 26th 05 02:43 PM

ODB wrote:
Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem? :)

I have seen some get blocked with a lime type build up. Take a look and
see if you can see if something is partly blocking the vent.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

BobS June 26th 05 03:56 PM

sometimes the parts get out of alignment in the whistle. loosen the screw
and see if you can turn one part to a different position to "form" the
whistle. if you look closely enough, what I am saying should make sense to
you.

Bob

m Ransley June 26th 05 05:39 PM

put in some water

Duane Bozarth June 27th 05 09:55 PM

No wrote:

Probably lime or crud buildup. Soak the whistle part in some CLR over night.

Vinegar is nearly as effective and much cheaper..

Matt June 28th 05 01:11 AM

You should take it on vacation for awhile.

I suggest going to Dixie.

Nick Hull June 29th 05 02:14 AM

Its only a year old, a nice stainless steel number.

Ive tried tightening to screw in the removable lid, but to no avail.

Perhaps Ive tightened it too hard?

Any ideas on this earth shattering problem? :)

The whistle consists of a resonating chamber in the steam vent made
using a thin insert with a hole. If the insert falls out, no whistle.
Check to be sure the steam has to go thru 2 inline holes.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/