DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   xenon undercabinet lights (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/111707-xenon-undercabinet-lights.html)

wendi June 17th 05 07:53 PM

xenon undercabinet lights

In general, can I replace a regular halogen bulb with the newer xenon bulb?

-TIA

RBM June 17th 05 08:03 PM

The mini bi pin type are interchangeable. Just be sure to get the same
voltage. The xenon lamps are considerably cooler

Stormin Mormon June 21st 05 03:01 AM

I don't know the answer to this. Except to comment that from a chemists
point of view, Xenon is one of the halogens. The others include helium and
neon. And argon.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[email protected] June 21st 05 11:20 AM

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't know the answer to this. Except to comment that from a chemists
point of view, Xenon is one of the halogens. The others include helium and
neon. And argon.

We learn something new every day here :-)

Nick

larry June 22nd 05 05:28 AM

wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't know the answer to this. Except to comment that from a chemists
point of view, Xenon is one of the halogens. The others include helium and
neon. And argon.

We learn something new every day here :-)

Nick

I'm still trying to figure out how you directly replace a filament
(halogen) lamp with a gas discharge lamp (xenon), circuit is a little
different. I could see krypton, but that's more a flashlight bulb.

-larry / dallas