dean

Default What kind of paintings go well in a dining room?

Paintings of food? Meadows? Buildings? People? I have no idea!

Buck Turgidson

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Paintings of food? Meadows? Buildings? People? I have no idea!

I have a really elegant picture of some dogs playing poker in my DR.
Got tired of the velvet Elvis.

dean

I think I would like something even more elegant than that! Possibly
anyway

Goedjn

Paintings of food? Meadows? Buildings? People? I have no idea!

Paintings that you like to look at.

Unless you're designing the dining-room to
impress someone else, in which case, paintings
that THEY like to look at.

Luke

On 17 Jun 2005 11:49:12 -0700, "dean" wrote:

I think I would like something even more elegant than that! Possibly
anyway

Keane. Cougat.

If that doesn't work for you, you should find something to your liking
he http://www.museumofbadart.org/

--
Luke
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest

G Henslee

dean wrote:
Paintings of food? Meadows? Buildings? People? I have no idea!

Vargas Girls...
Dr. Hardcrab

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Paintings of food? Meadows? Buildings? People? I have no idea!

You can't go wrong with dogs playing poker or a Velvet Elvis......

smithfarms pure kona

Seriously, I think a nice landscape or something peaceful like a still
life painting of fruit or flowers or a combo...with mellow colors that
add to the feeling of the room, would be good.

How about going to a local art show, or a gallery in your area. See
which art makes you feel good and would add to the ambiance of the
dining room. Then help that artist out by buying an original, or a
print, and take it home. Feel free to ask the person selling the art
to help you by giving the color of the rug and the room etc. They can
help alot. Then hang it so one can see the whole thing at eye level,
while standing. You want to enjoy it.

with aloha,
Thunder
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff
George

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...

Paintings of food? Meadows? Buildings? People? I have no idea!

You can't go wrong with dogs playing poker or a Velvet Elvis......

Not sure about that, don't forget about velvet tigers...
Dr. Hardcrab

"George" wrote in message
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...

Paintings of food? Meadows? Buildings? People? I have no idea!

You can't go wrong with dogs playing poker or a Velvet Elvis......

Not sure about that, don't forget about velvet tigers...

Actually, I prefer Velvet Revolver....

;-]

karen

dean wrote:
Paintings of food? Meadows? Buildings? People? I have no idea!

You should go with your own taste I would think. Maybe that's the dog
prints or the velvet Elvis.

Maybe you don't really want paintings, but just prints. You can find
them at many places for good prices. Black and white or colored photos
can look good. Also, framed mirrors.

In my dining room I have a large old mirror with hooks to hang hats on
(Mission style), an old black and white photo from an ancestor's
schoolroom and a colorful painting I made. Other than the clock and
plants in the windows, that is all. It all goes with the old oak
farmhouse table.

Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 18 Jun 2005 10:11:17p, karen wrote in alt.home.repair:

dean wrote:
Paintings of food? Meadows? Buildings? People? I have no idea!

You should go with your own taste I would think. Maybe that's the dog
prints or the velvet Elvis.

Maybe you don't really want paintings, but just prints. You can find
them at many places for good prices. Black and white or colored photos
can look good. Also, framed mirrors.

In my dining room I have a large old mirror with hooks to hang hats on
(Mission style), an old black and white photo from an ancestor's
schoolroom and a colorful painting I made. Other than the clock and
plants in the windows, that is all. It all goes with the old oak
farmhouse table.

That depends a lot on the dining room as well as your personal taste.
Landscapes and still lifes are nice and almost always appropriate.
Abstract art might be nice in a very modern room. Mirrors are lovely but
should not be hung in a location or at an angle where a diner can see
themselves eating.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0524-6, 06/18/2005
Tested on: 6/18/2005 10:29:49 PM

hektik8

Take some pics of your slutty girlfriend. Everyone can lose their
appetites. You'll save on your food bill.
Matt

Apparantly not many sleepers here.