DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Basement got some tiny insect (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/111505-basement-got-some-tiny-insect.html)

00_DotNetWarrior June 17th 05 04:09 AM

Basement got some tiny insect

After winter, my basement floor got some very very tiny insect, they are
like 1/5 size of small ant, they are so small they I can't even see when I
am walking. However, when I look closer there are many of them crawling on
the floor...

What could they be? and how can I kill them? will bait type ant killer
works? Is humid the problem? dehumidifier needed?

Thanks

[email protected] June 17th 05 05:20 AM

Wow. That's weird. Is this the first spring you've been in the house
and is your basement moist ? What color are they ?

tom June 17th 05 05:40 AM

"warrior"(heh) wrote:After winter, my basement floor got some very very
tiny insect, they are
like 1/5 size of small ant, they are so small they I can't even see
when I
am walking. However, when I look closer there are many of them crawling
on
the floor...

What could they be? and how can I kill them? will bait type ant killer

works? Is humid the problem? dehumidifier needed?

You need an entomologist, man! Give this entomologist _all_ of the
particulars, such as where you live... Tom

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert June 17th 05 02:57 PM

00_DotNetWarrior wrote:
After winter, my basement floor got some very very tiny insect, they are
like 1/5 size of small ant, they are so small they I can't even see when I
am walking. However, when I look closer there are many of them crawling on
the floor...

What could they be? and how can I kill them? will bait type ant killer
works? Is humid the problem? dehumidifier needed?

Thanks

Well it does not matter what it is, if there is no water they will go
away. If you are married, best to keep this information from your wife
(given you are a male) she will probably condemn the house...

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

dean June 17th 05 02:59 PM