Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Diagnosing AC that won't run

Please give me some basic guidance on diagnosing home AC system. The display
on the electronic thermostat went dark, but the batteries aren't dead. The
on/off switch on the thermostat can still start the air handler in the
attic, but the outside compressor won't run. The breaker did not trip off.
There was a lightning storm. What can I do before calling the repairman?
Thanks. -B