MP

Default Caulking around pool and sink - help please!

I have 2 questions about caulking.

1. My kitchen sink had caulking around the perimeter where it's mounted. I
don't know when this was done/installed, although by the looks of the
caulking I'd say more than 5 years ago. What can I use to clean this old dry
and carcking caulking? I'm going to use a clear type caulking to replace it.

2. My inground pool has a 3 step insert at one edge. Between its edges and
the concrete, there is a 2 mm gap all around. Would it be safe to use
caulking to seal this edge so water doesn't go in behind the step insert?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

Dave Solly

"MP" wrote in :

I have 2 questions about caulking.

1. My kitchen sink had caulking around the perimeter where it's
mounted. I don't know when this was done/installed, although by the
looks of the caulking I'd say more than 5 years ago. What can I use to
clean this old dry and carcking caulking? I'm going to use a clear
type caulking to replace it.

2. My inground pool has a 3 step insert at one edge. Between its edges
and the concrete, there is a 2 mm gap all around. Would it be safe to
use caulking to seal this edge so water doesn't go in behind the step
insert?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.newsfeed.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----